Visiting Cairo with kids can be a very rewarding experience but it needs a bit
of planing due to Cairo's suffocating traffic, and chaos that can be
www.cairokid.com, Cairo's first parenting interactive online guide has gathered
many of places one should consider checking out when coming to Cairo with
1. The Giza Pyramids:
Make sure to take them early in the morning to avoid the heat! Some children
may like to go inside to see the tombs, some could like the sun boat and others
may just like to quickly look at the pyramids, have their picture taken and then
take a rideon a horse or camel. For more info, read more
2. The Egyptian & Lego Museum:
A quick walk through it while stopping at areas where your kids may enjoy. The
mummy room will fascinate older kids, girls may like to see the jewelry section,
and boys may be
interested in the historical weapons. What ever you do don't leave there before
out the Lego room, a separate room with a separate entrance attached to the
museum. A wonderful place made especially for Kids.
Giant size Lego pharos statues with very clear and simple information for the
young reader to understand.
Kids will even get to play and create their own Lego statues in the free play area.
For more info, read more
3. Pharaonic village:
Quite interesting for the kids. You get to ride on a boat in the Nile that takes you
to a live demo of ancient Egypt. The actors dressed up like pharos, show the
children how life was in ancient Egypt (i.e.: how papyrus and perfumes were made,
how they used to take care of the cattle, etc). There is also a dress up area for
For more info, read more
4. The Child Museum:
Located in Heliopolis, the child museum is a must see for kids visiting Cairo.
Built on 4 floors of wonderful interactive, fun and educational 100 % Egyptian
activities for all ages. Kids will get to enjoy interactive screens, puzzles,
competitive games, simulated presentation, and more. The museum also
benefits from a huge garden with a lovely playground as well as many outdoors
statues of animals with clear description besides each. For more info, read more
5. Indoors Play Areas:
For the younger ones and for more indoors play areas, check out Cheeky Chimps in
Mohandessin, Zamalek and Maadi, Billy Beez in mall of Arabia 6th of October and
thePlay area in Dandy mall 6th of October. These play areas, charge by the hour,
and in most of them there is a place for parents to sit, watch the kids and have
to eat and drink.
6. Indoors & Outdoors Amusement Parks: Magic Galaxy in City stars
Nasr city, Magic Planet in City Center Maadi, fun fair in dandy mall 6th of October,
Arcades in Marriott mirage kattameya, Dream Park & Magic land in 6th of October.
7. Swimming: Most of Cairo's swimming pools are found inside private clubs
and hotels. The most child friendly pool in Cairo is the JW Marriott Mirage one, in the
Kattameya area.They call it the beach and it really is! With sand, waves and slides
you feel you really went to the beach.
8. Outdoors farms: Fagnoon is a wonderful place to take the kids where they
will enjoy a bit of Cairo's country side, they will get to enjoy a range of activities like
wood art, pottery making, painting on cloth and more. Plein air Ferme located in Orabi,
you can spend the day by the pool while the kids enjoy a variety of activities such
as crafts, painting, and gardening. AniMania, an outdoors petting zoo with a variety of
farm animals for children to interact with and feed.They also offer plenty of packaged
and activities the little ones will surely enjoy
9. Eating out with children: Restaurants in Cairo are very child friendly in the way they welcome kids not what they provide for them! But here are a few places where you can have a nice meal and the kids can have fun. 1. Zamalek: Left bank, with the tree house little playground attached to it, the kids can have a bit of outdoors play time while parents can enjoy a coffee, salad or a sandwich. There is also pier 33 on the Nile with many restaurants such as Abdel Wahab (Lebanese), Grizzlies (American), The Medley (Salad bar and grill), The coffee company and Hagen daz ice cream, the kids can simply enjoy sitting with the parents or going into Cheeky Chimps play area. Marriott hotel, famous for its lovely promenade, kids can easily play in the many gardens surrounding the eating area. 2. 6th of October: Check out Tivoli dome, Arkan Mall and Americana plaza for lots of food outlets, plenty of space to run, cinemas, and play areas. And also Dandy Mall And Mall of Arabia for all the international fast food chains and a huge variety of cafes and restaurants in addition to indoors play areas and movies. 3. Kattameya: Down town mall is the most famous destination, with a variety of restaurants and plenty of outdoors space. 4. Haram: The one and only Andrea where the kids will enjoy the lovely outdoors ambiance, delicious grilles chicken, the play ground and the donkey rides 5. Heliopolis: City stars mall where there are most of the international food outlets, magic galaxy, bowling and cinemas. Tivoli Almaza is also a great place for a lunch out with the kids.
For more info or any Cairo children related questions, please do not hesitate to email us on email@example.com